How To Break Baseball Glove With Shaving Cream
So you’ve just bought a new baseball glove and looking for a quick and effective way to break it in.
Also, you are tight on your budget, or you are a college-going student and spent your monthly earnings buying your new glove.
Now you don’t want to spend the money on the special leather conditioner/oil?
So, at last, there is one easy solution that will take time, but its breaking success rate is more than 90%, and that solution is shaving cream.
Yes, Shaving cream has that solution inside which helps to soften your new leather glove and make it easier to break the baseball glove.
So, in this guide, we will learn how to break baseball glove with shaving cream.
Different Ways For Breaking Baseball Gloves
There are multiple ways to break in a baseball glove, but this is the most cost-effective way compared to others.
In this method, take your new leather glove and put some shaving cream on it. The shaving cream will help soften the leather and make it easier to break in your glove.
Professionals have used this method for years, so it is not a new process. It is a tested one, and still, if you don’t believe then the below video will give a clear idea.
This is an old-school method that many players use when they cannot break their gloves in any other way. The process is fairly simple and can be done at home.
Should You Use Shaving Cream On Your Baseball Glove?
Well, the first answer is “Yes & No.”
If you care about your glove then I personally dont recommend using a shaving cream on baseball glove as it might fade the leather and also can make it more stiffer.
On the other hand shaving cream does help in softening of the leather has few lubricating properties so that it will dry up on the glove quickly.
The best way to break in your glove is by using the palms of your hands, or even better yet, use ball gloves for breaking them in because they have much more give and are meant for this task.
Shaving cream is not something like acid that will ruin your baseball glove. But you still I would suggest you using the right baseball glove oil to do a break-in process if you can.
Although, it will still weaken your glove if you use too much of it when breaking in a new baseball mitt.
How To Break Baseball Glove With Shaving Cream (Step)
- Put a dollop of shaving cream in the palm of your hand
- Get the glove wet with water
- Rub the shaving cream all over the inside and outside of your glove
- Use your fingers to work it into all the nooks and crannies of your glove
- When you clean your new glove, remove any excess shaving cream.
- Please give it a good drying and let it dry in the sun for at least 24 hours.
- Once they’re dried up, use a mallet to break them in
- Shape your pocket by filling them up with balls or other objects so that when someone throws one at you during game time, don’t miss out on catching it because of a little awkward shape.
Shaving Cream On Baseball Gloves – A Deadly Mistake
You’ve probably seen many baseball players do this without thinking twice about it, but you might want to consider what they’re doing seriously.
Some people use shaving cream on their baseball gloves to help soften the leather and make it easier to break in new gloves.
This may sound like a great idea, but it’s potentially dangerous and something no one should do.
- This process can ruin your whole new baseball gloves.
- It will surely make your glove slippery, and it can last for many days even it dried up completely.
- If left undried, reshaping can take longer than a shorter time.
- It can make your leather black or even worst looking.
Gloves are essential baseball gear, but even the best gloves take some time to break in. No matter what you do, you can’t make your glove game-ready overnight.
- Best Youth Baseball Bats Under $100 - March 1, 2023
- List Of Baseball Players Who Chew Tobacco - February 20, 2023
- How To Break Baseball Glove With Shaving Cream - February 1, 2023