As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Without Any Extra Cost to You.
So you’ve just bought a new baseball glove and wonder how to break it in but don’t want to spend the money on the special leather conditioner/oil? There is one solution: shaving cream. Shaving cream will soften your new leather glove and make it easier to break the baseball glove. So, in this guide, we will know how to break baseball glove with shaving cream.
There are many different ways to break in a baseball glove, but this is the newest way. You take your new leather glove and put some shaving cream on it. The shaving cream will help soften up the leather and make it easier to break in your glove. Professionals have used this method for years, so you know that it works.
This is an old school method that many players use when they cannot break their gloves in any other way. The process is fairly simple and can be done at home.
Should You Use Shaving Cream On Your Baseball Glove?
Well, the first answer is “Yes & No”. If you care about your glove and its colour, we recommend shaving cream on a baseball glove. Shaving cream doesn’t have many lubricating properties, so that it will dry up on the glove quickly.
Shaving cream also contains soap, which can discolour light-coloured gloves. If your glove is dark coloured and you want to use shaving cream, then make sure that you rinse off all traces of soap before they have a chance to dry.
The best way to break in your glove is by using the palms of your hands, or even better yet, use ball gloves for breaking them in because they have much more give and are meant for this task.
Shaving cream is not something like acid that will ruin your baseball glove. But still prefer using the right baseball glove oil to do a break-in process if you can. Although, it will still make your glove weaker if you use too much of it when breaking in a new baseball mitt.
How To Break Baseball Glove With Shaving Cream (Step)
- Put a dollop of shaving cream in the palm of your hand
- Get the glove wet with water
- Rub the shaving cream all over the inside and outside of your glove
- Use your fingers to work it into all the nooks and crannies of your glove
- When you clean your new glove, make sure to remove any excess shaving cream.
- Please give it a good drying and let it dry in the sun for at least 24 hours.
- Once they’re dried up, use a mallet to break them in
- Shape your pocket by filling them up with balls or other objects so that when someone throws one at you during game time, don’t miss out on catching because of a little awkward shape.
Shaving Cream On Baseball Gloves – A Deadly Mistake
You’ve probably seen many baseball players do this without thinking twice about it, but you might want to put some serious thought into what they’re doing. Some people use shaving cream on their baseball gloves to help soften the leather and make it easier to break in new gloves. This may sound like a great idea, but it’s actually potentially dangerous and something that no one should do.
- This process can ruin your whole new baseball gloves.
- It will surely make your glove slippery, and it can last for many days even it dried up completely.
- If left undried, then reshaping can take more time than a shorter time.
- It can make your leather black or even worst looking.
Gloves are an essential piece of baseball gear, but even the best gloves take some time to break in. No matter what you do, you can’t make your glove game-ready overnight. But there are some things you can do to make the process go faster. You need to know how to break a baseball glove with shaving cream quickly and easily.